Monday, October 20, 2008

Introduction

Long long ago, in a galaxy far, far away... also known as Utah County, I used to write a column. It was a theater review column, but instead of reviewing the actual merits of a show, focused more on the odd plot twists, funyn costume choices, and bizzarre things that make watching live theater so much fun (just ask my friend Mindo, she says I talk WAY too much during shows).

So... in order to have someone to make my funny comments to, like "Hey, doesn't Sweeney Todd's Hatt look just like the Ark of the Covenant!" I started the column. Well, and Miriam Latour, who is one of the smartest and most amazing people I know (who hosts http://www.playersanonymous.org/, the BEST source for Utah Theater info) asked me to do this column thing. And Hogwash was born.

In addition, like many people who I admire (Robbie and Glade especially) I like to write (read as "ramble") so having a blog allows that. I plan on using this to post the random theater reviews I do (and past ones I've done) as well as some other random writing things.

(A post some other time will have to explain why "Hogwash" and why "Hedgehog" but tonight I'm not in the mood)

No comments: